The Deep End

go to graworks.com! email!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Updating Extensions for 1.5..."New" Extension Manager??

Well, I've been having a lot of problems getting my extension to work with Thunderbird 1.5--this probably applies to the beta of Firefox, as well.

Although this won't cause errors when you try to install, your .xpi file is going to need these changes:

1) chrome.manifest file. This replaces contents.rdf--you don't need contents.rdf files in subfolders now, either. A good place to go is the Mozillazine article. Look at the file hierarchy for how to set up your .xpi.

Ok, not that bad. But what the heck is the "New Extension Manager"?? The Mozillazine article made this really confusing for me.

So go here.

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, November 24, 2005 2:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,

    I have a question regarding this tutorial for creating extensions for firefox.

    I am trying to test the extension without having to package it as xpi file but it's not working.
    Is it my fault? or is the article outdated?

    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Building_an_Extension

    Thanks
    thesmashest@hotmail.com

     
  • At Thursday, November 24, 2005 2:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,

    I have a question regarding this tutorial for creating extensions for firefox.

    I am trying to test the extension without having to package it as xpi file but it's not working.
    Is it my fault? or is the article outdated?

    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Building_an_Extension

    Thanks
    thesmashest@hotmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home